About Me

My photo
I'm just a girl trying to figure out this crazy thing called life.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Girls

Let's back up a bit and let me tell you about this squirrely crew I'm dealing with. In a nut shell, I could best describe their personalities as a metaphor. So, let's say we all decided to go to the pool on a beautiful summer day. This is essentially what would happen;

Acorn, the ever cautious one, who likes to think and think and then ponder about everything would be very concerned about the temperature of the pool, would make sure the rest of the squirrels had on enough sunscreen and then would wait for the life guard to come back on duty before dipping her toe in the water.

Hazelnut or Hazel, an orderly squirrel, must have a SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) in hand before she could even head out the door to go to the pool. She is organized, timely with military precision, and tough.

Spanish Peanut, our free spirit, would drop her bag and simply run toward the pool upon entering the pool area and do the best cannon ball ever. She would do this partially becaue it would freak Acorn out because she was running on the deck and could possible slip and fall and partially because it was just fun.

Nutter Butter, our shy and creative squirrel, would sit on the lounge chair pretending to read a deep book, probably something to do with the history of women or poetry or something, but she would secretly be watching all the other pool patrons and making funny whitty comments about them to the rest of us.

Finally, there is me. I'll call myself Alfred after the tailless squirrel that runs around our parking lot at work. I'd probably just spend my time at the pool swimming laps, because I'm primarily all business and very little play. This would enable me to get two things done at once- a workout and some hanginout with my friends.

We each bring something different to the table that's for sure, that's probably why we all get along. We run together, do yoga together, and we all knit and sew. Some of us are more advanced with our skills than others and some are just learning a craft, but we all have the spark to ignite that creative fire. And that's what counts! Right?

2 comments:

  1. So cute, true and hilarious! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an excellent metaphor to describe our many personalities. We are all so different and yet we mesh perfectly!

    ReplyDelete